Monday 10 September 2012

Door Shed - Part 2

So now we have all our materials collected and cut to size, we can now start the fun bit building!

So for those who saw my blog last week this was the picture that first inspired me to build this shed
Isn't it nice?!
I did say at the time knowing hubbies building skills it would end up looking more like this....



OK so let the building begin!
Firstly you need to choose where you want your shed, it needs to be build on that spot as it will be to heavy to move once built. 
Then level the ground and put your floor in place.

 We put ours against the back fence, keeping in mind shadows from the sun at various times of the day and the fact we will extend our garden over time.
We also had to dig out some of the ground to make the floor nice and level.

Next take one of the side door and the back door or in our case board and screw together.
 We used the door hinges to hold in place then added extra screws.
We then used cut down pallets to run along the inside walls, we first nailed it to the floor to hold in place and then to the walls themselves. This will stop the walls lifting off the floor.
Now do the same for the other side.
We needed to also run a strip down the back because of it being in two parts.
So this is what it looks like so far.
We then put in the door frame, our front door was very heavy so we needed to be sure it was in something solid to hold it. 
We recently removed a door frame from our house so upcycled that to our frame for the door shed.
Even the oldest teenager and cat came to have a look....WOW it must be something special to catch their attention, usually only food does that!
Thank GOD it fits, I was thinking for sure we would get to this point and the front door wouldn't fit!
You can start to see it really does look like a little shed.
Or somewhere to lock up hubby!

Now before I get to excited hubby still has to get the roof finished. 
I did make it a little harder saying I wanted the roof to have a gutter into a tank
 so I have water at hand to refill my watering can instead of having to walk down the other end of the yard. So lets see how he goes with that!
All in all though I'm pretty happy with it so far and can see once I paint it and get it all set up with shelving etc it will be a great little storage shed for my gardening items. 


aus.keeys


No comments:

Post a Comment