Sunday 16 September 2012

Door shed - Part 3

Well another week has past in spring and we now have only 99 days till Christmas!! 
It was another beautiful spring weekend and a great chance to get into the yard.
So last time I wrote the shed looked like this 



So through the week its had a couple of coats of paint and then looked like this

What a difference a bit of paint makes!

So we still need a roof .....
Ok so it looks a bit strange but there is method in hubbies madness of such a large roof....rainwater! We plan on putting a little gutter at the back and running it into a small tank so I have water at hand for my watering can. It won't collect alot of water but every bit helps and a larger roof area adds just that little bit more. 
The gutter and tank will be added at a later date, we are a little short on time with going on holidays in two weeks, I'll be sure to do an update when we add it. For now it was more important to get the shed all set up for that much needed storage space. 

I really wanted the inside painted as well but again due to a shortage of time right now
 the inside will painted at a later date.
 We put in some shelves that were given to us months ago we had put aside for when I got a shed.
Then the fund began moving things from the main shed into MY shed! 
I decided I needed and extra shelf, so hubby put one up for me
 and put some containers on the side walls to store things in.
Its pretty empty still but I'm sure it will fill up over time now I have the room for things. 
The whole project cost us nothing with everything being from upcycles materials.
All in all I'm pretty happy with it and once the water tank is in and the inside is painted I'll be even happier.
Ok so it doesn't look like the original one I saw 
but I think you will agree with no cost and just a couple of days work the outcome was pretty good!!





aus.keeys



No comments:

Post a Comment